The What to Eat Bundle
What to eat with thyroid disease can become an overwhelming quagmire of information. This bundle lays a clean line of track to follow so you can get those wheels turning and get rolling towards a thyroid-friendly diet. You’ll learn about the various dietary approaches (including those outlined in Thyroid30™), specific foods to add to your diet and others to avoid. We’ll get to the bottom of the great goitrogen debate, and delve lightly into the realm of nutritional liver and detox support.
As you will soon learn, the process of deciphering your unique dietary triggers takes time and attention. As an added tool to help you uncover those dietary triggers, download the Weekly Food Tracker, and Food Sensitivity Tracker from our collection of resources. And if you ever have questions, care to commiserate, or want to share your own personal tips and tricks with our generous community, visit our Nutrition and Recipe Forums at the Refresh Cafe. Happy Thriving and Bon Appetit!
Follow this suggested order for a natural flow that will carry you from one post to the next:
- Bio-Individual Nutrition: Unlocking Your Unique Thyroid Diet – Team nutritionist, Adrienne Klein, explains how to begin the process of uncovering your body’s unique dietary needs.
- The Great 8: Foods for Optimal Thyroid Health – A list of highly-beneficial and delicious foods to incorporate into your regular diet.
- The Not-So-Great 8: Foods to Avoid for Thyroid Health – These foods warrant some reconsideration as part of your regular diet.
- Which Dietary Level Is Right for Me? – Although this article outlines dietary guidelines specific to Thyroid30™, it can help you identify the right program for you and your lifestyle.
- Goitrogens and Your Thyroid: More Molehill than Mountain – Cookbook author and nutritionist Jill Grunewald untangles myths around the recommendation to avoid crucifers and other supposed thyroid-inhibiting foods.
- Supporting Your Liver and Kidneys with 8 Detoxifying Foods – Reducing toxins in the body is one of the common-core recommendations for thyroid patients. Eat these foods on the regular to keep your body’s built-in detox system running like a well-oiled machine.
- Weekly Food Tracker – What’s one of the simplest ways to improve your diet? Track it. Tracking = accountability. Because nobody wants to record a whole bag of cheese puffs. This resource makes it simple to see your habits.
- Food Sensitivity Tracker – Are you ready to find answers about what’s best for your body? We worked with our team nutritionist to create this step-by-step workbook, designed to help you identify your food sensitivities once and for all.
- Healthy Fats & Oils Infographic – This handy infographic will show you the best choices for your thyroid-healthy pantry, including details like which oils to avoid and which oils are best for higher heat cooking.
- Sugar, and Its Not-So-Sweet Impact on Our Health – Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and Certified AIP Coach Kate Jay shares the negative impacts sugar can have on our health. She also shares some great tips to cut out sugar.
- How to Use Probiotics to Improve Thyroid Function – In this article, Katherine Watkins will explain how gut dysbiosis can impact your thyroid health, and how you can use probiotic foods and supplements to help improve both your gut and your thyroid.
- Demystifying Iodine for Thyroid Patients – Iodine is an important factor in the big picture of thyroid health, but it’s important to remember that thyroid disease is a multifaceted beast. In this article, Adrienne Klein explains all about iodine for thyroid patients.
- Do Ketogenic Diets and Thyroid Patients Mix? – Dr. Anna Cebeca takes a closer look at keto and thyroid, and talks about some of the issues with traditional keto diets for thyroid patients.
- Nutrition and Lifestyle Help for Hyperthyroidism and Graves’ Disease – Mary Shomon is here to address your burning questions about hyperthyroid diet and lifestyle interventions.
- The Fix-It List: 20 Ways to Repair and Nourish Your Gut – Nurturing your gut health can bring significant rewards to your thyroid, mental, immune, and overall health picture. Katherine Watkins shares 20 ways to take better care of your gut.
- Kate Jay’s Top 10 AIP Survival Tips – Attempting the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) can be daunting, so Kate Jay is here to share 10 ways to make your AIP journey a success.
- The RIGHT Way to Go Gluten-Free – The gluten-free path can be tough to navigate, so Adrienne Klein has outlined 6 simple steps to help you make the transition less overwhelming.
- How Cilantro Can Help You Detox – In this article, Ginny Mahar focuses on the natural chelating abilities of cilantro. Heavy metal toxicity in the body (from substances like lead, mercury, aluminum, cadmium, and arsenic) is closely intertwined with our thyroid health.
- What Can Turmeric Do for You? – You’ve probably heard about turmeric as a superfood or supplement, but is it worth making a conscious effort to add it to your thyroid-friendly diet? Read this article to find out.
- How to Combat Cravings Once and for All – Katherine Watkins shares some simple things we can do to manage cravings, and to avoid having them in the first place.
- How to Approach a Plant-Based Diet for Thyroid Patients – The decision to follow a plant-based diet is a deeply personal one. It’s essential to understand how a plant-based diet affects the thyroid. Read on to learn more.
- Is Intermittent Fasting Suitable for Thyroid Patients? – In this article we’re going to look at the benefits and challenges of intermittent fasting, to help those of you considering whether you should jump on the bandwagon, especially if you are living with a thyroid condition.
- 7 Ways to Love Your Liver – Katherine Watkins shares simple ways to love your liver so that your liver loves you.
Identifying your dietary triggers is a pathway to not only healing but empowerment. Use this resource to help you figure out which foods don’t agree with your body
Tracking what you eat gives you powerful insight into many aspects of your eating habits.
This handy infographic will show you the best choices for your thyroid-healthy pantry.