Healthy Keto and Beyond: My 105 lb. Hashimoto’s Weight Loss Story
with Stacey Robbins
*If you buy something through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.*
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
In this episode of the podcast, we speak with Stacey Robbins (CHC, RYT200), a soulful storyteller and key influencer in the global conversation on healing your life through Hashimoto’s.
Her award-winning book, You’re Not Crazy and You’re Not Alone is filled with hilarious, honest, and heart-aching moments along the journey of doctors telling her the symptoms were all in her head, to telling her a year and a half later to get her affairs in order.
Stacey holds nothing back as she weaves her heroic tale and playfully inspires women from all walks of life to see that we can use every circumstance—including a diagnosis—as a way to transform our victim mindset, rediscover our sense of humor, and learn to love ourselves again.
In her darkest moments she dreamed her life and has since been able to live the life of her dreams: raising her family in unique ways, traveling cross-country and then to Europe for months on end, leading gorgeous boutique retreats in Italy, and writing her book, An Unconventional Life: Where Messes and Magic Collide, where she shares the wisdom and tales of a life lived outside of the norm.
She brings all of this—and more—to her community as a speaker, coach, and dream advocate. Women walk away feeling relieved, comforted, and empowered and more at home in their very own soul.
Join us for an insightful discussion with Stacey about her 100+ lb weight loss journey, and the various tools and tactics that helped her find success. Tune in to learn more!
Listen/Watch time: 60 minutes
The truth is, you can’t out-diet or out-exercise a funky metabolism and a funky thyroid.
– stacey robbins
- (09:00) Stacey’s keto story
- (16:00) What underlying issues came up during Stacey’s journey?
- (25:00) How we learn new ways of doing things
- (30:00) How Stacey approached keto and other dietary approaches
- (40:00) How Stacey found balance, and a sustainable approach to a healthy weight
- (48:22) Surprising discoveries Stacey made on her journey
If you can be disciplined, and you find joy in your discipline, then you can sustain it. That’s you, and that’s beautiful.
– stacey robbins
- Subscribe to Thyroid Refresh TV
- Find Stacey online
- You’re Not Crazy and You’re Not Alone book
- An Unconventional Life: Where Messes and Magic Collide book
- “Do Ketogenic Diets and Thyroid Patients Mix?” by Dr. Anna Cabeca