How Is HTMA Helpful for Thyroid Patients?
with Angela Brown, FDN-P
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
In this episode of the podcast, we speak with Angela Brown, a thyroid expert and holistic health coach from St. Louis, MO.
Angela is a certified Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner (FDN-P), a licensed physical therapist, as well as a personal trainer.
Angela specializes in advanced testing and thyroid healing for women. She has recovered from hypothyroidism herself after being diagnosed at the age of 22.
She used her experience and education to create her program, “The Sexy Thyroid Solution,” to help women no longer suffer like she did and get to the root cause of their health issues.
Join us for an informative discussion with Angela about HTMA (Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis) and its possible benefits for thyroid patients. We also learn how HTMA is different from a blood panel. Tune in to learn more!
Listen/Watch time: 44 minutes
A hair test is going to give me a three-month average of what those minerals have been doing over the course of the last three months throughout your body: not just in your hair, but all your cells.
– angela brown, fdn-p
- (03:14) Angela’s thyroid story
- (11:40) What is HTMA (Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis)? How is it different from a blood panel?
- (20:00) What’s the deal with copper?
- (25:00) Possible problems with calcium supplementation
- (30:00) How does HTMA inform us about metabolism and adrenals?
- (34:00) The importance of working with a professional when you get hair testing.
- (39:25) Angela’s main takeaways for listeners.
If you don’t know how your minerals are doing, and you start trying to do a detox, you’re going to move toxins and metals around. It will make you feel absolutely horrible. I would say 95% of people walking around do not have good mineral balance at the moment.
– angela brown, fdn-p
- Subscribe to Thyroid Refresh TV
- Find Angela online
- The Sexy Thyroid Solution program
- FREE download: 5 Causes of Hypothyroidism
- Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis: What Your Hair Reveals About You – article
- Thyroid Refresh TV ep. 18: The Ins and Outs of Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis