Setting Boundaries to Protect Our Health and Energy
with Carley Schweet, author of Boundaries with Soul
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
In this episode, we speak with Carley Schweet, self-care coach and author behind the book and digital course, Boundaries with Soul™.
After years of people-pleasing in the corporate fashion industry in New York City, she finally realized there was more to life than being a chronic yes-woman. By practicing transformational self-care, she gained more confidence and discovered that by making her needs a priority, real happiness would soon follow.
Carley is the host of the You Time™ Podcast, and her work is featured on major media outlets such as MindBodyGreen, Bustle, Hello Giggles, and Elite Daily.
Join us as we chat with Carley about why it’s so important to set boundaries, and how to do so if setting boundaries is new and uncomfortable for us. Tune in to learn more!
Listen/Watch time: 44 minutes
I realized that my emotional habits were affecting my physical body.
– carley schweet
- (02:40) Carley’s self-care transformation
- (08:50) Does Carley feel that a lack of boundaries can be linked to chronic illness?
- (11:40) What are some practical tips to set boundaries if it doesn’t come naturally?
- (18:50) Why it’s okay to not say Yes to every single invitation.
- (25:40) How to gracefully handle people who are offended/upset/threatened by your boundaries.
When we say Yes to every invitation that comes our way, we are only showing up with a percentage of ourselves. When we actually pick and choose what’s an authentic Yes for us, and decline with a loving No, we give ourselves the chance to show up as the best version of ourselves.
– carley schweet
- Subscribe to Thyroid Refresh TV
- Carley’s website
- FREE Self-Care Toolkit
- Boundaries with Soul book
- Article: 4 Steps to Setting Healthy Boundaries
- Article: The throat chakra: why speaking your truth is so important to thyroid health
- Meditation: Healing blue light: A throat chakra meditation